Saturday 3 October 2009

NOTD: ModelsOwn "Pink Explosion"


This is the brightest polish I've seen in a while! It's a bit like Misa "Bikini with a martini" on crack - it's highlighter pen neon coral pink with gold (or it could be orange) glitter. WOW!!! But it was a pain in the neck to photograph!! It took me 3 days to get the right picture and it doesn't show off the gorgeous glitter in this polish. The closest match to the colour on the nail is looking at the bottle. The polish is a bit thin on the pinkie, this is what one coats look like. It's only chipping a bit today, 3 days on :) That's decent in my book - most chip in less than 2 days on me!

I've not used ModelsOwn before, this is my first. New brands are always exciting! It applies a big goopy but is opaque in two coats, if you gloop it on a bit. It is large glitter hence a bit gritty on the nail so you need a thick layer of Seche Vite or similar as top coat. I love this polish - it's hard to dress around so I've been wearing a lot of black this week! :)

I got this in our new River Island store, I am too voluptous for most of their clothing, but I go in there for the accessories; their shoes, bags and jewellery is to die for! This polish cost me £4.99, which is a decent high street price. They had mostly creme neonish colours which didn't appeal to me but "Peacock Green" caught my eye, but I have lots of peacock duochromes already so I saved my pennies for something else!


Lina-Elvira Loves It Thiiiis Much:
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

5 comments:

Zeke, the evil beech said...

My eyes! I'm blind! Blind! Bliiiind!! Oh, the horror!

flinty said...

I've been dying to try Model's Own! Looks great on you!

Cali369 said...

Pretty! - and available from River Island, I must venture in there. I have Peacock Feathers (currently on my toes) it's good, pretty opaque and hard wearing but as you say probably not the most unique colour.

Lucy said...

Love this shade of polish. Pretty on you.

Lina-Elvira said...

Zeke - thou cracketh me up, evil beech :D

Flinty - Thanks :)

Cali369 - I really did like Peacock feathers, might have to get it as well :)

Lucy - Thank you, I love my brights, I can't seem to let go of the neons though autumn is here!! :)