Sunday 31 December 2017

TOP TEN of 2017!

So it's that time of the year again when we wave goodbye to the old and bring in the new! I have used a lot of beauty products this year but realised I've not really blogged about them, so this is my chance to give you the top ten of what has been new this year.

Beauty...
Barry M Liquid Chrome Highlighter Drops
See the full review here. I still love these, and I've started mixing the two shades I have for my perfect winter shade :) Well worth the £6.99 price tag!

Isadora Chrome Nails Powder
In my preview post here, I said I would do a full manicure with tutorial. That never happened so far but I will do one! Maybe for my birthday... It doesn't last for jack, but it is gorgeous for about a day or so!

L'Oreal Paris Hydra Genius Liquid Care
Wait - just realised this is is still un-reviewed as well, must do something about that. This was the best moisturiser I had all summer!

Barry M Matte Me Up Metallic Liquid Lip Kit "Prestige"
Read my Lipstick July post here. I can't stop using this, but now I can't find it in the shops so I am hoping it wasn't limited edition!! The regular Matte Me liquid lipsticks are also great!

Blenderelle
Read the full review here. This has been so good for storing and drying my Beauty Blender at the same time that I can't imagine not having this now, so I hope they keep making them in case mine breaks!

L'Oreal Elvive Phytoclear shampoo
No secret I love L'Oreal Elvive hair care, you just need to search for it on the blog... But for some reason I haven't actually reviewed this shampoo?? After I got pregnant I had an awful time with dandruff and an itchy scalp so I bought this and haven't looked back!

L'Oreal Paris Brow Artist Xpert Eyebrow Pencil
I can't believe I've not actually done a review on this one either. I must do. It is simply the only eyebrow product I use on a daily basis now, and has completely replaced the rather overpriced Benefit Goof Proof eyebrow pencil. I would dare to say they are dupes other than the price point -£6.99 vs £20. For me the choice is obvious!

Urban Decay Naked Heat Lipstick in "Heat"
A limited edition Urban Decay release always sets hearts racing and this was no exception. Being very boring in the eyeshadow palette department in my old age, the lipsticks was the part of the collection I was drawn to. And this one in particular. I bought it as soon as it was released, and good thing, it's been sold out ever since! I will have to do a proper review on this lipstick as it is the best red ever!

Zoya Anchor and Armor top and base coats combo
After we decided to try for a baby, I switched all my nail polish to minimum 3-free (goodbye OPI and China Glaze), and wore mainly Zoya polishes (which are actually 5-free). I decided to start using a new system with only Zoya top and base coat, so I bought Zoya Anchor (base) and Armor (top) to use, and it has been phenomenal for me. A friend said it didn't last on her when she used it, but I've found my manicures last a minimum of 4 days before showing tip wear, which is unheard of! I will definitely be continuing to use this combo for some time, considering just how good it is, and also because it is 5-free.

Not beauty...
Chilly's Bottle
I will be doing a full review on this in the new year! These are metal insulated bottles which are leakproof. They will keep cold liquids cold for 24hrs and hot liquids hot for 12hrs. Being pregnant, your water being just as cold whenever and wherever is great when you're feeling a ugh and just want a really cold drink, not a lukewarm drink... These are pricey at £20 for the 500ml size, but they come in some cool designs and really live up to their claims! I love my bottle!

That's it for my top ten, what was your top products of 2017? And what are you looking forward to in 2018??

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: