Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy 2014!


I have been wondering what to write about for this years review, seeing as it was rather eventful one with my wedding, honeymoon and lots of new exciting stuff coming out. But mostly it was a good year, so I am grateful :) I learned how to rock climb and snowboard as well in my old age!

My best wishes for you all to have a great 2014!

Polish of the Year 2013


Hands down, it's the amazing Revlon Parfumerie "Wintermint" - minty smelling and perfect application. I went through a lot of trouble to get this all the way from America as well. This attracted a lot of interest from people who don't normally show an interest in nails, just proving  my point it is the best polish of 2013 :)

Top Manicures of 2013
So, onto some of the other most exciting manis of the year! In no particular order...
Depend Gel Lack "#163" - loved this purple gel polish :)

OPI "La Paz-itively Hot" Matte with L'Oreal Confetti top coat and
Seventeen Concrete
- it's textured and pink, what's not to love??

Isadora "Macchiato" - a nude makes the top manicures, why I never :)

Maybelline ColorShow "Rainforest Canopy" - I love these polkadot polishes and this was my first one!

Sephora "Manizer" - a highlight of my honeymoon was a rummage in the large Sephora in Copenhagen!

Seventeen "Cameo Crush" - last year introduced the 'liquid sand' polishes but the jeweled ones from this year were the highlight of my year :) I bought this whole collection (why I never!).  

OPI "La Paz-itively Hot" Matte with glitter gradient - awesome. Just awesome.

Isadora Sugar Crush "Pink Crush" - the year of the Sugar Crushes. If I could I would have them all!!

Cutest Halloween manicure EVER!!

Nude gold glitter gradient - one of the most adored manicures of the year, surprisingly! 

Xmas NOTD: Color Club "Revvvolution" with Xmas tree accent nail
Isadora Sugar Crush "Ocean Crush" - amazingly duochrome jeweled liquid sand polish that attracted a lot of interest
Essie "Vanity Fairest" French Manicure - my wedding manicure...
Some other stuff that was exciting this year...

Vichy Idealia Life Serum - I was amazed how good this was. If you haven't tried it, do!
Bleach London home colouring range - radical hair colours at home, don't mind if I do
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream - I loved it, surprisingly!
Seventeen Doll'd Up mascara - a repurchase, why I never!
Bourjois So Perfect gel base coat - my new HG base coat
Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder "Brightening Nudes" - I trialled this for my bridal makeup and fell in love!
Maybelline Baby Lips - they finally arrived!

What newfangled stuff will 2014 bring I wonder?? :)

No comments: