Sunday 25 November 2012

NOTD: Max Factor "Fantasy Fire"

I layered this over OPI "Sapphire in the snow" today, but it turned out a lot darker than anticipated but still has a fierce glow :) I think I will try it over a blue shimmer next to see how that goes... This is 2 coats of "Sapphire in the snow"...


..with 2 coats of "Fantasy Fire" and then a slick of MegaShine top coat. How awesomely smooth is "Sapphire in the snow"??? I love it, almost so much that I wish I hadn't put the Max Factor over it...



Now for something completely different. I've finally discovered which combination of hand products that actually started to heal my horribly dry and scaly hands and cuticles. During the day I use Aveeno Hand Cream, then at night I put on a generous dollop of Burt's Bees Hand Salve and then massage in a cuticle oil (even though the Hand Salve is quite oily - the nail oil has smaller molecules which penetrate deeper into the nail). I am currently using CND SolarOil but I am thinking of trying out the new Dadi'Oil which a lot of other professionals are using just now. The Aveeno Hand Cream does contains silicones which I don't generally like but it acts like a 'glove' on your hands so you will get away with not putting cream on again after every single hand washing which is good as that's not always practical. I love the smell of Burt's Bees Hand Salve but if you find it's too greasy, just pop on some cotton gloves over it as you retire for the night :) It's finally showing an improvement in my hands, my sore scaly palms are smooth again and cuticles aren't as dry. I hope it will continue to improve as I use it and keep the lizard skin at bay this winter!

No comments: