Tuesday 1 January 2013

Polishes and Products in Review 2012


So after ringing in 2013 with raclette grilling and chocolate fondue I thought I would do a short post about the stuff I got really excited about in 2012! There was a lot of new stuff but I thought I would go for my most memorable things. I did discovered I haven't featured as many reviews as I would have thought I did from the amount of stuff I've tried, so I must do better! :)

4th Year Anniversary!
Can't believe it's been 4 years already?! I am still loving my blog and I hope to be doing it for a while yet, for as long as I enjoy it. I have had another blog for the last year or so about my little invertebrate pets, but my main passion is still for nails and beauty :) I expect to feature some more gel polish manicures and more product reviews this year and as I am getting married in March, features on DIY wedding makeup, so stick around!

Favourite Nail Polishes of 2012

OPI "Goldeneye"
KBShimmer "Oh splat!"
China Glaze "Flirty Tankini"
Depend Holographic "Plum 2030"

TO BE FEATURED ON MY BIRTHDAY on 8th JANUARY - Revlon "Ruby Ribbon" Limited Edition
MUA Nail Constellations

Barry M "Ruby Glitter"
Barry M "Christmas Pink" Limited Edition
Barry M "Pink Sapphire"
Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers "Once Upon A Time"
Mavala "Pure Diamond" Xmas bauble
Isadora "Polar Nights"

Other Top Favourite Products of 2012!

L'oreal Everpure Shampoo and Conditioner
I love this hair care series - it's made all the difference to my so-called hair. They are in the price range of the John Frieda shampoos etc so still very affordable but producing salon brand results!

Gel Polish Home Kits
I just *love* gel polish, although I am sooooo fickle about colour (I get bored REALLY quickly). But you can't beat the convenience of only doing your nails every 2 weeks. My fave is still Sensationail, but I also like the Red Carpet Manicure, which have some more colours that are offbeat. The beauty is that the home kits will also work with the salon brand gel polishes, like OPI Gelcolor, Gelish and Shellac.

Bourjois 1 Second Nail Polish Remover
This is killer nail polish remover, as you can see in my video it literally takes a second to remove a creme polish. I find it takes about 20 sec per nail to take off a heavy glitter but it's still less painful than normal acetone remover. And it's ok for my asthma!

bareMinerals READY SPF 15 Touch Up Veil
I have grown out of wearing foundation in the last few years but I do like a bit of polish, and this is just the ticket. It calms a bit of redness but doesn't make me look like a vampire dusted with flour. And it doesn't break me out, AND it comes in a compact. What else do you need?? :)

Redken All Soft Argan-6 hair oil
I love the modern hair oils like this one, they just settle so nicely on the hair if used on wet hair and blowdried. You can also use a little drop to smooth the flyaways on dry hair as well :)

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters and Kissable Balm Stain
I couldn't decide which of these fabulous new lip products from Revlon to feature, so I chose both. Then searched the blog but couldn't find any posts about these?? I will have to remedy that with a review later on this month :)

For a full list of my fave stuff, go to my "Favourite Products" page!

Other Cool Things About 2012!

Dallas
The new series of 'Dallas' kicked ass and I was really sad to hear of the death of Larry Hagman. I look forward to seeing the second series in 2013, and I am sure that it will do justice to his memory!

The Olympics
I *love* watching the Olympics and this year was no different :)

My new manicure table!
I now have a nice little setup for doing my nails, using the Jansjo clamp lamp from IKEA and the Rio Nail Studio. I am now going to work on the lighting for taking my photographs, as I am still not convinced they are coming out as well as they should.

So Happy New Year everyone and all the best to you and yours! I hope 2013 is a great year for all of us!

No comments: