Friday 11 May 2012

NOTD: Gradient Manicure

I was so impressed with The Nailasaurus gradient nails and her tutorial I had to try it myself. I kind of ended up doing it her way but then decided to just use one colour to sponge on in the end as I thought the gradient colours I'd picked blended together too much using her method. They just aren't contrasting enough :( Much-o disappointing with my lame choices - I think I will repeat this using the base colour here (see below) and Topshop "Airplane", that should give a nice, clear gradient.

The light blue is the free Nails Inc polish with this months UK InStyle magazine and it's called "Bluebell". I really like it - it's light and somewhere in between periwinkle and pastel blue! Nice opaque coverage and smooth formula too. The minty one is Rimmel LycraPRO "Peppermint". I had to put on 2 coats of MegaShine top coat, the sponging method makes the manicure 'bumpy' so 2 or more coats will be required to make it smooth. You will need to clean your fingertips with a cottonbud dipped in acetone after finishing, as this is a messy form of nail art...

And now an update on removing the glassfleck polish using Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover. I 'soaked' the nail in the sponge for about 20-30sec then wriggled it around in the sponge quite a lot. It was a bit more work than the cremes shall we say and some nails still came out with bits of glitter so I had to clean them up using cotton wool and nail polish remover. But still quicker and easier than using wool and acetone and grind it off :) All hail Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover!!

No comments: