This is a beauty product where you need instruction. This is how to cleanse, Shu-style:
- Pour nice tepid water into your sink
- Dry your hands
- Make sure your face is dry
- Put 3-4 pumps of oil in your hand, smooth it over you face (I use it around the eye area also)
- Dip you hands quickly in the water in the sink
- Lather up the oil on your face
- If it's a bit stubborn, use a tiny bit more water
This is a makeup remover as well as a deep cleanser. The Fresh oil is for oily/combination skin and it also works well for acne prone skin, according to the Shu Uemura website. You might find it contradictory to use an oil on oily skin, but I find that my skin becomes less oily when I use this cleansing oil as it balances the sebum production and doesn't overdry the skin.
The smell is very very mild, which I like, slight sweet hint of cherry. This product is worth its pricetag (although the price is far sweeter in the tax free shop!). 5 of 5 stars!
Also try not to get the bottle wet - i.e. don't put it in your shower! The water reacts with the oil to emulsify and will become cloudy and the product will not be as good if you get water inside the bottle.