Wednesday 29 March 2017

WEDNESDAY WANT: Benefit Galifornia Box o' Powder blush




It's no secret I'm always looking for a new blush. I don't think I can ever get too many. Or can I?..

When I saw this on Instagram, I knew I had to have it (need to stop looking at Instagram). I bought it last week, and have used it ever since! Sadly I was too eager to use it and couldn't wait to take decent photos, so I had already worn off the spray-over of gold when I did photos...

Like Benefit's other powder blushes in a box, it's relatively light on pigment but is buildable, and has good staying power. It also comes with the rubbishy little flat brush which I hate, and have already used for crafts instead... In my excitement I also forgot to get an actual swatch of this, but you can Google it and see a wondrous array of swatches on lots of different skin tones :)

Benefit describes the colour as 'sunny golden pink' but I would describe it as 'perfect shade for Lina-Elvira'. It does have a gold shimmer, but this is very, very finely milled and will not make you look glittery! This blush is scented, which I don't tend to go for but the smell is amazing - almost coconutty tropical beach holiday scent. Or California?... Whatever, it's described by Benefit as pink grapefruit and vanilla but definitely a hint of pina colada for me!

I wore this for 10hrs straight each time I wore it and it was still there in the evening! It's expensive at RRP £24.50 but for me, it was worth every Boots Advantage point I spent on it... In terms of dupes, I think that Sleek's iconic Rose Gold blush is very similar but perhaps a tad more shimmery?

Anyway, this is a definite Wednesday Want for me - do you want it???

No comments: