Friday 22 February 2013

NOTD: Rimmel Cocktail Colour "Shirley Temple"


I *love* this colour :D I am drawn to oranges and glitters just now, I think it's because I crave sunshine. This is 3 coats with a slick of MegaShine. It's a really sparkly glassfleck polish which is kind of sheer but that means the glitter comes into it's own. Just layer on more thin layers. I have one more of the gorgeous Cocktail Colours to try, the purple one, but so far the pink and the orange are winners :)


And while searching for stuff on the internet I somehow stumbled across a new base coat from Bourjois. It promises to make the nails 'perfect' and give a true colour result for nail polish. It's supposed to be anti-yellowing, which is holds huge allure for me. It's quite a thick gel like consistency which applies really nicely. And you don't realise how well the lilac pigment works - my nails look really clean :) Polish goes on very, very smoothly. Me likey. It's £5.99 in the shops so quite expensive for a drugstore brand but we will see how it wears!

Now that I have a new base coat to try, I am keen on the new Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Gel Effect Plumping Top Coat, has anyone tried this? I have searched for reviews but there doesn't seem to be any?..

2 comments:

Emma said...

You should definitely get the purple one! I have it and it's soooo pretty, loads of gorgeous pink shimmer in it :D quite unique :D As regards the Nails Inc KC Gel topcoat, I've only heard one person's opinion on it but for her it took hours and hours to dry, not sure if it was something to do with her application but it's something to bear in mind :) xxxxx

Lina-Elvira said...

I feared that about the new Nails Inc top coat would be slow-drying... I think I will pass until more reviews pop up :)