Wednesday 15 August 2012

NOTD: Sally Hansen Nail Prisms "Amber Ruby"


Today was really misty and grey all day and walking home we saw the first autumn leaves falling into the street :O To cheer myself up I decided to put on this multichromatic polish that is sadly now long discontinued! You can still find bottles now and then on eBay though. I put it over a coat of Rimmel "Black Cherries", a dark, vampy purple to darken the colour of the finished paintjob. This is 1 coat of "Black Cherries" and 2 coats of "Amber Ruby". I finished off with a coat of Lumos top coat.

I then tried to photograph it... :( You can see the shimmery dark red base colour well on my nails but to get the spectrum that this polish changes through, you need to look at the bottom left corner of the bottle! It goes from teal to green to amber to the deep red of the base colour - absolutely amazing :) It's reassured me of the beauty of autumn colours and I don't feel so bad it's now autumn after we missed out on a proper summer!

2 comments:

Emma said...

:o That is soooo pretty! I adore the different shades in the bottle, wow! xxx

Lina-Elvira said...

It's gorgeous on, much better than my crappy photo :O