Tuesday 5 June 2012

NOTD: Isadora Magnetic Nails "Opposites Attract"


Sorry for the pause in blogging, AGAIN I've been really ill, not sure what it is this time, the Dr thinks its tonsillitis but as it goes deeper into my chest by the day I'm not so sure :( Anyway it's made me cough like crazy and that didn't go very well with nail polish fumes so...


This is 1 coat of polish. I then stick on a coat of MegaShine on one nail at a time and do the magnet. If you put top coat and have already done the magnet, the effect fades as the polish underneath is re-wetted, so I came up with doing the magnet after top coat and it works every time! This is by far the 'greenest' magnetic polish I've seen so far (and I've seen a lot!), more green than "Ego Green" by the Saturdays, which I thought was fairly green! I am in love with this polish, must try it again with a star magnet, as this chevron pattern is too hard to line up nicely on my teeny-weenie nails...

Anyway, here is a polish that promised so much and totally disappointed - Isadora "Marzipan". I hate when that happens. How does that lovely polish in the bottle go from that gorgeous micro-shimmer look to the streaky, thick mess (3 coats here) on the nails that's like green Tippex to apply??? I cry over you, "Marzipan". Well, only cause I was coughing to death putting on all those coats, but still...


While I was awake coughing in the middle of the night, sitting on the sofa trying to sleep as couldn't lie down, I crocheted a few granny squares and made a little blanket for Elvis the Cat to lie on to spare my chair covers :) I probably should have made another row of squares but hey...


1 comment:

Emma said...

Wow the magnetic is GORGEOUS! Shame about Marzipan, such a pretty colour in the bottle :( still you can't tell from your photos that it was a streaky mess! Very pretty on you. I love the crotcheting :D :D Hope you feel better sooon xxxxxxxxx