Wednesday 12 March 2014

NOTD: Rimmel LycraPRO "Peppermint" with abstract nail art


So I found a photo of a really cool manicure at Nuthin' but a nail thing and though I'd try it - but I started off boldly not using a dotting tool for the black dots, just the striper, haha... Big mistake... :) Anyway. I used the lovely Rimmel LycraPRO "Peppermint" for the base, this is 2 thickish coat. I then used a Color Club nail art striper and a dotting tool to make the black lines and dots. Then I used a generic squeezy, dual ended white nail art polish for the small white dots (squeezy bottles with nibs are great for small precise dots). You have to make sure the dots aren't too 'fat' or they won't dry down properly. I then watched a whole episode of "Ultimate Survival Alaska" before I put on base coat (1hr), as these nail art polishes ALWAYS smudge if not completely dry and the top coat is put on with 3 swift moves! Love it! :) Gonna have to try this again.

No comments: