Thursday 26 September 2013

NOTD: Barry M Matte "Crush"


I had been cruising the shelves of Superdrug for the Barry M mattes and the crystal top glaze since yesterday with no luck but this evening one of the Superdrugs had finally plonked them on the shelves! :) I wanted this red one from swatches I'd seen but when I saw the nude one called 'Vanilla' I also now want that one! I love the dried blood look of this polish :D

I struggled a bit with the formula on this one, it's a strange combo of thickly pigmented polish and runny mess :O I also dragged a bit on my index finger and messed up the layer underneath so it's really obvious in the photo. A steady hand and just the right amount of polish on the brush is essential for a smooth application. I am also finding it dries quite slowly to a dent-proof finish so expect to sit around watching TV for a while (I was watching 'Supergiant Animals' with Steve Backshall so I was good to wait for an hour!).

I have 2 layers here over my Bourjois Gel effect base coat. I also saw that one of my Superdrugs have had a complete refit and now also stock a massive Nicole by OPI display!! WOOHOOO!! :D I am starting to save now (RRP is £7.99) for some nice stocking fillers for, ehm, my own stocking...

Speaking of Xmas, Boots are now stocking some Xmas gift sets including the new Soap & Glory massive one. Suppose it's less than 90 days til Xmas...

'The Yule Monty' is £60 but I've not seen what's supposedly in it this year.
I hope Boots do their 1/2 price on this one as usual :)

No comments: