Thursday 9 April 2009

Frankenpolish: "Minty"


OK so I went a bit crazy when I finally got my hands on Barry M's Dazzle Dust in "Mint Green" and took full advantage of the special offer and bought two - one for the eyes and one for making a Frankenpolish. "Mint Green" is amazing on the eyes, so I decided to dig out some bottles of clear nail polish kicking around in the stash. Got an empty bottle, filled it halfway with clear polish and then used a paper funnel to put the Dazzle Dust into the polish. I filled it up to the rim of pigment, dropped in two ballbearings, put the brush in, closed it tightly and shook it up. And my goodness!! It's a minty green shimmery love fest!! It is a little bit greener and slightly darker in real life. I've yet to try it on, as it's too dark to get a decent photo of a mani anyway... :)


Frankening with pigments usually mean that the pigments will separate and sink to the bottom so you will need to shake it up, then roll it gently to get the bubbles out before you use it. You may well have to shake and roll between hands as well. That's the reason there is lots of bubbles in this shot - but the bubbles escape easily when you roll the bottle gently. But it's worth it - if you get the right pigment, the colour will be unbelievably rich and vibrant!

7 comments:

contests and such said...

Looks great! I gotta start fraken-ing!

Lucy said...

Nice color Lina-Elvira. I would love to see it on your nails.

Lina-Elvira said...

Nessa - Yeah you should try it, t's great fun :D

Lucy - I will be doing this for my manicure tonight so stay tuned! :)

Amanda said...

Lina, you did a fantastic job on this...the color is beautiful!!!

Inge said...

That looks amazing! Awesome job :)

Lina-Elvira said...

Amanda - You inspire me with your blog, so it's all thanx to you! :)

Pixie - Thank you :D

Cali369 said...

Oooh I was just wondering if those Barry M pigments could be used for franken. I accidently bought two the same colour so could use one to frank with!