Tuesday 21 April 2009

FRANKENPOLISH: Cotton Candy


I never thought how hard it would be to choose "the perfect nude" for job interviews. China Glaze "Innocence" is lovely but just that bit too white to make me look ill at the moment. I needed something pinker, but still a creme jelly finish and obviously not TOO pink, it is supposed to be a nude after all. Also the see-thru pinky-white of "Innocence" was showing up my nasty peeling middle digit on my right hand. What to do? Well, first I scoured the shops for the perfect pink but didn't find it. Secondly, I despaired. The closest I came was Rimmel French Manicure "French Rose", which wasn't pink enough... Thirdly, I made it myself instead.


I started off with China Glaze "Innocence", then added a smidgen of Rimmel LycraPRO "Urban Princess" and then added the optical whitener goodness of Rimmel Nail Whitener, a bit of Isadora "Milkshake" (an offwhite nude) and then some Rimmel French Manicure "French Rose". Wow! It's the perfect pastelly Barbie pink jelly! And it disguises my peeling nail perfectly! Lets just hope that my potential employer think its lovely too, haha, they should only know the toils I went through to get it :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very appropriate - nice work.
Good luck with your interview!

Lina-Elvira said...

Thanks Bill :) Now I have to wait and see who they choose!

Lucy said...

Very pretty Lina-Elvira! Work appropriate and I know you will get the job. I'll say a prayer for you.

Lina-Elvira said...

Thanks Lucy! :D