Friday 24 June 2011

NOTD: No 7 "Golden Palms"



Yes, your suspicions are right - I did wear my funky 'French' manicure all week! And I have had sooooo many positive comments from people who wouldn't normally notice my nails. I really liked the concept but next time I will make them more abstract.

But by today it was looking a bit worse for wear so I took it off and put this on as I am stuck again in Duke Nukem Forever. I got "Golden Palms" about maybe a month ago with one of those £5 No 7 voucher you get from time to time in Boots. That means you pay £1 for a £6 polish so not bad!

I want to love "Golden Palms" but, I don't. This is 3 coats with FastForward top coat and I can still see my nails underneath... The shimmer is lovely but this puppy needs to be layered to achieve it's potential. The formula is good though, it slicks on with minimal fuss and no messy cuticles. The colour is kind of similar to Sinful "Color Scare" but with larger glittery bits. But it's not going to make it into the Hall Of Fame. That's OK though as I've got a killer Accessorize nail polish I've been meaning to show you so this gives me the excuse to change my nails again for Monday!

I also got a free b.right! skin care set from Benefit with this weeks Grazia magazine! I have been wanting to try these out since they came out but dreaded the price tag for taking a gamble. I will give this set 1 week then review it for you! How cute is the packaging though???

Anyway, I am off to track down the kitten outside as it's past his bedtime, then I will get some icecream and me and him can read my Grazia magazine together on the sofa! :)

No comments: