Tuesday 24 March 2009

NOTD: Rimmel LycraPRO "Urban Princess"


First off, sorry for the lack of posts lately - things have been really chaotic with me being made redundant and unemployed and then suddenly getting offered a temp job. I am back, however, and I will be posting as normal from now on, hopefully :)


And now to the NOTD - and the discovery of a really exciting new nail polish line - or almost! Rimmel has revamped their Lycra range, and added the suffix PRO to it to show they have the new "mistake-free" maxi brush. It is now quite pricy, £4.15 RRP. That's a lot for a drugstore brand. But this colour took my fancy - it looked like a spring-like, cheerful petal pink that would be work appropriate :)


The brush is new, its properly flat and a rounded fan shape that makes application easy-peasy to say the least. The application was flawless. "Mistake-free" are the words!! And the formula is super-smooth and highly pigmented. This is two thin coats. No cleanup necessary. On some wider nails you might need to do two fan strokes along the sides but I have tiny-teeny nails so wasn't a problem for me. I am in love. This is definitely worth the money!

Lina-Elvira Loves It Thiiiis Much:
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ +

8 comments:

Lucy said...

Hi Lina-Elvira! Congrats on the temporary job. Hope a well paying permanent is in the near future for you. Love the color. I don't own any Rimmel polishes. I might see some in my future!

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

I love the Rimmel polishes. They are near perfect. I'm also wearing one of their mascaras today and it is awesome. They make good stuff.

This is an adorable little pink. Don't quite get the name though. *shrug*

Velvet said...

Pretty pink for Spring. Thanks for the review on these new and improved Rimmels. Oh ,and I'm so glad you enjoyed your day of hiking in Scotland.

Anonymous said...

A beautyful pink for spring!

Unknown said...

I've got a question for you - I have just now stumbled upon your blog for the first time and as I have been looking through your older posts I noticed that it looks like you generally do not paint your nail from edge to edge/ cuticle. I was wondering why that is? It looks like you leave a gap up at the top near the cuticle..

Lina-Elvira said...

Lucy - Thanks! :) Give Rimmel a try, they're inexpensive and have lots of fun colours :)

The Pretty Brown Girl - I know the name is a bit naff but it's great polish! :)

Velvet - Thanks :)

MissPurple - yes just what's needed right now :)

Beth - this is a technique used by manicurists called "the gap" - it's used so as not to get polish on the cuticles, which really dries the skin out :)

Unknown said...

Good to know! Maybe that's why my cuticles always look so awful!

lizzz262 said...

that color is so gorgeous! definitely work appropriate!