Thursday 19 March 2015

NOTD: Red Carpet Manicure LED Gel Polish Cinderella Collection "Life Is Short, Wear A Tiara"


Awesome box :)

When I saw promo shots of this collection I was sold. In fact I was sold on the movie too after watching a trailer... Just the costumes really :) Anyway, I digress.

I was in Edinburgh yesterday for my final appointment for my knee after my surgery so I decided to pop into Harvey Nichols beauty hall. Mistake. I ended up buying this gel polish.

These retail for £12.95 which is a lot of money for just 9ml of product. But I haven't actually bought any polishes in the last couple of months (after my Xmas Swedish blow out), so I decided that it could make that up by splashing it on this premium one!

There are 6 colours in this collection, the whole collection can be seen in more detail over at Chickettes. This polish is sheer, but does have a distinct sky blue base. It has blue shimmer, a bit like China Glaze "Blue Island Iced Tea" but not as opaque, and bits of larger holographic glitter.

I used my OPI GelColor base and top coat for this as this is actually the first Red Carpet Manicure polish I have. I decided to use the Sensationail LED light. Base and top cures in 30sec. I cured each coloured layer for 45sec as indicated if you use the RCM Pro LED light. Worked well! I ended up doing 3 coats as it is a very sheer polish.

It is very pretty and it sparkles like crazy, even in low light. For me the colour is probably a bit 'mild' but the sparkles makes up for it! I am excited to see how long this combo wears, and how it soaks off... :)

Happy Factor 
* * * *  

Price
£12.95 - I think I would like to see these small bottles go for £10 or less.

Where?
www.redcarpetmanicure.co.uk / www.redcarpetmanicure.com

Quality
As Expected

Coverage
Light / a bit on the sheer side

Packaging
This limited edition colour comes in a rather nifty box! Otherwise OK brush but the lid is a bit fiddly to hold as it's very small.

No comments: