Tuesday 3 February 2015

VINTAGE VALENTINE'S: Isadora "54"



I've had this polish for about 20 odd years, probably longer? I think it was part of a fall collection back in the 90s, I tried to find the makeup card for it but it must be back in Sweden at my brother's house. I just love my Isadora makeup and especially the nail polishes and this was one of the first ones I ever bought myself! :)

I think this colour might classify as 'Marsala' which is Pantone's colour of the year 2015? It's a bit burgundy, a bit brown. It still goes on nice and smooth but the shimmer seems rather dulled? It doesn't smell as horrific as many of the old polishes I own, but Isadora has always marketed itself as 'hypoallergenic' so maybe it's not got so much nasty in it?...

Anyway, I think it looks good for its age :) I used 3 coats here but could have probably got away with 2. I used Seche Vite on top but because the shimmer in the polish scatters the light in a funny way it looks rather satin on camera but in real life it's actually quite shiny!  I still rather like this polish, although I wouldn't pick colours like this nowadays. I believe I was going through a goth phase at the time perhaps...

HAPPY FACTOR:
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

No comments: