Monday 26 October 2015

NOTD: H&M "Science Fiction"


And we're back on the H&M nail polishes again :) This is one of the ones I thought would be quite duochrome from the website photos. Not entirely so... It does has a slight blue 'flip' but this is undetectable in most lights :(

AND whilst painting I remembered an old H&M polish called "Lady Luck" I have - it's pretty much identical?? Has there just been some sneaky repackaging, possibly? I couldn't find it in my Helmers for a comparison but pretty sure it will be very similar in real life.

Anyway it's a nice-looking teal shimmer, can be a bit brushstroke-y if you're not careful but it's a decent polish. This is 2 coats with a coat of Bourjois 3D Gel top coat. But not a duochrome by any description. I think the website needs updating with actual bottle shots, not the current concept images. Should teach me not to buy before I see actual swatches... "Peacock" was the other polish I thought was going to be very different from what it actually was - maybe I thought that it would be more like "Science Fiction", come to think of it. As you may have seen in my NOTD post on "Peacock", it's a creme!!

It'll do for a Monday I guess! :)

No comments: