Tuesday 5 October 2010

Back from holiday NOTD: OPI "Lucerne-tainly look marvellous!"



Phew that was a mega-busy holiday! :) After getting off to a bad start with delay after delay on our day of travel out, we finished with a day of punctual travel, barr strip searching at airport security due to me wearing a knee brace as I now have severely damaged the tendons in my knee walking up a mountain in deep snow... see photos...

We had -10C and half metre of snow at the start of the holiday while hiking in the Swedish highlands, and then gloriously sunny balmy weather that made the trees glow with golds and russets. Fantastic! :) I am sad to be back, but it's also nice to rummage through my own stuff and I look forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight!

I spotted this polish in the OPI stand at Schiphol airport tax free - it was just glittering so alluringly :) Decent price too! I have not been drawn to the Swiss collection at all but this was sooo lovely. I thought for some crazed reason maybe it would be close to "Baby it's coal outside" but it's not even close. Please excuse the extreme cuticles, my hands haven't even seen any hand cream for two weeks :O This is 3 coats (3rd coat deepens the steel-y colour) and a slick of China Glaze Fast Forward top coat. Speaking of the top coat; does anyone else use it? I think it is good, but the smell is horrible! Anyone have this problem?

Back to work tomorrow... hoping I will not fall asleep at my desk... zzzzz....

No comments: