Sunday 10 October 2010

NOTD: Andrea Fulerton Trio "Rainfall"










I love the concept of the new Andrea Fulerton polishes, especially the Trio's as they are not the usual layering polish choices (see "Garden of Eden")! "Rainfall" is a beautiful combo of blues and greens and glitter. The base colour is perfect on it's own (if so I would use 3 coats); teal with slight green shimmer. The glitter colour is deep blue shimmer with green duochrome flaky glitter in the bottle which sadly does not translate in full on the nail...

These retail for £7.99, which is a lot for a drugstore polish. You would expect packaging to mirror that price, however, the brushes in my Trio polishes are all very thin and makes the polish pool on the nail if you're not careful. But look at the glitter brush for "Rainfall" - it really takes the piss. I mean WTF - I have NEVER seen such a shitty brush :( Thin and jaggedy, probably missing half of the hairs. It has made application a nightmare, and the thickness of the pooling have left me with bubbling... I am not impressed.

The glitter polish should only be applied in a single coat if you want a layering; it is opaque enough in 2 coats to wear on it's own. The formula on these is not quick-drying, it is advisable to wait 4-5min between each coat to avoid bubbling. This is 2 coats of each colour with China Glaze FastForward top coat. We shall see how well this wears!

Love the concept, but not sure that I will invest in another of these Trio polishes. I would urge anyone who considers buying one of these Trio polishes to make sure the brushes are ok before forking out...

4 comments:

Cali369 said...

Eeek - I was really looking forward to these but those brushes look bad. Forewarned is forearmed they say!

Lina-Elvira said...

Yes best check the bottle first! Some great colours tho :)

Unknown said...

I've got the rain fall one, seems to be fine to put on, but I do agree I've never seen any weirder cut brush than the one for the blue glitter stuff.

I guess it's to make sure the glitter actually goes on the nail, which I must add it does go on better than ones with a smooth edged brush where usually you have to look for and try to pick out glitter bits to place on your nail if they are large.

It's an interesting concept but I've experiemented with buying some normal nail polishes and layering them myself, that works better with a wide selection of colours and some paper to try out the combinations/layers.

The small amount of nail polish for the price has put me off buying another one.

liloo said...

Your review made me think that I was not the only one who had a similar experience. My brush was as shambolic. what a disgrace. you have captured the brush so much better than I could ever dreamt to do. I leave you with the address of my review if that's ok: http://bit.ly/downdadrain