Monday 21 January 2019

MANICURE MONDAY: Chanel "Particuliere"



So, who of my readers remembers this?? It was the hyped polish that started the trend for the 'greige' type polishes which are just mainstay in every brand's nail polish armory now. Before "Particuliere", there really wasn't a 'greige' nail polish that I can think of.

This polish is 10 yrs old this year (yes, that's right, 10 yrs). Like it's equally-hyped cousin "Peridot" from Chanel, it's just a standard polish with a branded tag, and Chanel polishes chips quite quick on me. But I still love them both, perhaps for their mythology? And the hassle I had trying to get my hands on them when they launched, haha. And the £18 price tag, and I wouldn't be able to spend that today!

I did 2 coats here, it's very smooth to put on. As I now have to squeeze nail polishing in between nappy changes, I have gone back to using Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat (which they discontinued, thank you Sally Hansen). I forgot how much I love it... What I'll do when my two bottles run out, I don't know. Must find a good quick dry top coat that isn't Seche Vite.

No comments: