Sunday 20 March 2016

REVIEW: Yves Saint Laurent Huile Volupte tint in oil "Peach me love"


I was doing some birthday shopping for myself (well, why not) back in January and I was getting a makeover and a sample of the *new formula* YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat (which I LOVED and will do a separate review on) but I actually ended up just buying this lip product. Just like that. £23.50, gone. What was I thinking??

Well, I was being made over by a lovely lady who had this particular lip oil on. It looked amazing. Not too glossy, not too lipstick-y and opaque which is so fashionable right now, not too dark a colour. Just amazing. I was like "can I try some of that?". Bad move. I had to buy it.

It smells fabulously of watermelon which I love; I hate the current fad of cake/vanilla/old lady perfume that seems to be the trend with lip product scents right now (I'm looking at you, Revlon). It has a peculiar wand which actually is genius for depositing just the right amount of product.

It works! :)

The formula is great. It's a tint in oil - no stickiness! The oil is very hydrating for the lips. The wear is a couple of hours for the glossy part, but because it is a tint in oil, the delicate tint stays put and sometimes I just use my EOS lip balm over the top to freshen it up (it's £23.50, you gotta make every drop count).

"Peach me love" swatch
I've now tried two lip oils from the high street, GOSH and Isadora (available at feelunique.com), and none compare to this. They are more of a light lip gloss, they do not have the velvety softness of the YSL. I am hoping to try the Lacome Juicy Shakers lip oil so I will compare it to that once I've tried it.

Worth the splurge? Hell yes, I will be buying this again! I have used it for a couple of months almost every working day, so you can get some mileage out of it. There are lots of colours but "Peach me love" is the one for me :)

Oh FYI, for some reason the names of the colours is different across the world - if you are in the US this colour is called "Papa don't peach"...

2 comments:

Cali369 said...

Sounds interesting, but £23.50, ouch!

Lina-Elvira said...

I know but sometimes you just have to haha :D