Sunday 8 November 2009

NOTD: No 7 "Cherry Tang"


Oh No 7, you are too good to me this Xmas :) First the awesome "Totally Teal", the I spot this today - and with a money-off voucher it was effectively £1.25! Sweet... There is also a gunmetal shimmery one, but it's too close to Revlon "Steel her heart" to make it into my collection.


This is a luscious jelly with glassfleck shimmer, the colour isn't cherry as I would describe it; more glacé cherry - the ones you get in tinned fruit salads. It's lustrous and lovely, and the camera hates it... I hope I caught some of the lustre for you!


This applied flawlessly. This is 3 coats, as a jelly it will need it but it's still lusciously translucent and lustrous. My new Holy Grail base and top coat combo is working incredibly well - I wore "Totally Teal" for 4 days without any chips :) I hope I can find another bottle of Sally Hansen Nail Quencher base coat when I need it, there are rumours they are discontinuing it. I also hope Sally Hansen doesn't discontinue MegaShine; after it's mini-revamp it's the ultimate speed dry top coat, and it doesn't go goopy half way through the bottle as Seche Vite does.

4 comments:

Zeke, the evil beech said...

Ack! What is this foul thing? I'm blind! Blind!

Helen said...

Yayyyy. For ages your blog wouldn't load on my PC. Now today it is playing nice and I can register as a follower. Hurrah!

Love this colour - AND the teal. Lots of reading to be getting on with :)

Lucy said...

Love this color. It really does look like the cherries you get in fruitcake. I forget who's doing a test of topcoats. Sally Hansen did do well. I haven't used it in a long time.

Lina-Elvira said...

Helen - Glad you like it :) I aim to please!

Lucy - It does look just like glace cherries. I saw the top coat test too but I forget where. I will look it up and post, it was interesting reading :) Well, not for Poshe...