Monday 2 September 2019

MANICURE MONDAY: Essie "Sweater Weather"


It's very rare nowadays that I see a nail polish I immediately "need". Usually nowadays, with a collection of 500+ nail polishes, all the new collections all seem the same. But there are not one, but two, polishes in this collection from Essie that I "needed"! This is the first one.

So it's September - and autumn - already?? I can definitely feel the autumn vibes now. I only had my 'summer holiday' a couple of weeks ago, but the weather has definitely turned now. So this kind of colour feels very appropriate, and definitely lives up to it's name.

I did 2 smooth coats here and topped it with Sally Hansen Megashine top coat. It's divine. A straight to the Top Ten of 2019. Nothing else to say. If you love green nail polish, go to Boots now and spend £7.99 and you will never regret it.

Stay tuned for the next star from this collection next Monday! ☺

Oh and it's a one-of-a-kind polish in my collection; I did some comparisons of other similar greens (or so I thought) below. The closest one is OPI "Green on the Runway" from the 2014 Coca Cola collection, but it's got a slightly red duochrome so "Sweater Weather" is more warm.

From L to R: Orly "Rocket Science", China Glaze "Zombie Zest", China Glaze "Moonpool", Essie "Sweater Weather", OPI "Green on the Runway"

From L to R: Essie "Sweater Weather", OPI "Green on the Runway", China Glaze "Moonpool"


No comments: