Saturday 24 January 2015

REVIEW: Makeup Revolution The ONE Foundation


I don't normally buy foundations on a 'oooh look, a cool little bottle and it's cheap'. OK so I have been known to do that in the past but not often. Not TOO often.

Well, I did it again. I didn't even check the ingredients - there's a lot of silicones in there (can you say 'contact dermatitis'?). Oh well. The sales pitch is;

This will be Your ONE Foundation. ONE shade for everyone. Using revolutionary fusion technology The ONE Foundation adapts to your skin tone and texture to give a flawless finish. Due to it's liquid formula, it is easily build-able and applied The ONE Foundation gives full coverage resulting in a matte finish. Available in 16 shades to suit every skin tone.

A big promise for a small bottle :) Now to the shade selection. There are 16 shades but there isn't very good shade descriptors on the website. I had to Google a lot to find decent swatches of the shades - I figured out I might be between Shade 5 (which I got) and Shade 7, but not as yellow based as Shade 6. It blends really well with my skin tone. The colour won't be any good once spring's over but then I can always move up in the shades. There are 16 shades to choose from and I would definitely advise Googling swatches.

Shade 5 - straight out of the bottle

Shade 5 - lightly blended with fingers
So what's the low-down? Well, it is certainly a liquid foundation! You need to shake this up before applying it. Having tried various ways of putting this on including with a buffing brush and a traditional foundation brush my recommendation is to smooth it on with your fingers then lightly buff it with a kabuki/buffing brush. I dropped this directly onto the area to be covered and rubbed it in with fingers; put it on your hand and your carpet is doomed within seconds!! Coverage? Certainly buildable without caking but definitely not to full coverage. Nice satin finish but not matte as described, but my skin is currently covered in Soap & Glory Wish Upon A Jar 21 Day Collagen Overhaul Cream (the good, OLD version!) so I might be getting a dewier result. The wear test was a Saturday of exciting Boots perusal and some computer gaming followed by my Mother-In-Law's Burns Night dinner. It wore OK without blotching but did transfer a bit onto my jacket collar and by the end of the night I looked a bit slick in my T-zone. Again this might be down to wearing a heavier moisturiser. It feels nice and light on the skin and doesn't have any noticeable smell.

Definitely worth the money if you are a younger beauty that is looking for a light to medium coverage with a satin finish! This is touted as a dupe for MAC Face and Body Foundation - it's been a while since I used that but I would say that from memory it seems very similar. As I am past the 20-somethings now and require a bit more of a dewy finish most days to radiate, I may not buy this again but it's definitely worth trying for the price and will be great for occasional wear when I want something more matte!


Happy Factor 

♥ ♥ ♥

Price
£4

Where?
Available in some Superdrug stores, but best bet is the Makeup Revolution website

Quality
Good/As expected

Coverage
Medium - coverage given as 'full', however I would say it only stretches to Medium.

Packaging
Good

Other
This product comes in 16 different shades!

Obligatory 'foundation wearing' selfie - please do not judge the post-surgery/vicious cold eye bags! :O
And also I am 'old' and still don't really know how to do selfies...

No comments: