Saturday 17 January 2009

Franken Polish: Supernova Blue

I finally found somewhere that sells empty nail polish bottles :) So now I can go nuts and make proper frankenpolishes :) *laughs evilly* I already made some crazed experiments which turned hideously wrong trying to make a dark green creme polish (I got carried away and it turned out grey), but I had to use an old bottle of clear polish for that, whereas I just want to be able to mix and blend... So. Here is my very first proper frankenpolish. I name thee...



Supernova Blue


I had an itch to create a franken of China Glaze's "Dorothy Who?" as I will never probably get a bottle of that for myself. I'm not sure if it actually looks like "Dorothy Who?" at all; all I have to go on are multiple swatches from other nail fanatics out there. If any of you lucky ladies who owns "Dorothy who?" want to compare it to the real thing for me I can send you a fake nail with the colour on it :) I just wanted to capture the feeling of this polish.
It is gritty and needs two coats of Seche Vite to sparkle at it's best. It has cobalt blue base colour with bright blue glitter with the flashes of "Carnivals" holographic glitter.


My recipe: I used equal parts Barry M #297 "Blue Glitter" and #291 "Cobalt Blue", added a smidgen of some Essie "Carnival". I mixed it up with love, and this is the result :) Hope you like it as much as I do!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very beautiful. Where did you get the bottles?

Lina-Elvira said...

This link should take you to the seller on UK ebay :)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=290152411432