Wednesday 30 October 2013

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!



This years Halloween manicure became China Glaze "Ick-a-body" from their Halloween collection a few years back after I failed to make a Frankenpolish dupe for Maybelline "Dotty" yesterday... I should just have gone to Claire's and got their orange splatter Halloween one.

I haven't worn this polish before, not sure why?! It's sparkly, it's weird-looking, formula is good - what's not to love? This is 2 coats over Seche Clear base coat and a thick coat of Seche Vite over it. It's still fairly bumpy glitter but I'm so used to the textured polishes now it doesn't even bother me anymore! Love it :)

Speaking of textured polishes, I managed to score two of the new Maybelline ColorShow 'Brocades' collection polishes today - "Rosy Rosettes" and "Woven Skyline" (totally shit names, super-hot nail polishes). Can't wait to wear them at Xmas and New Year! :)

I've revived my old combo of Seche Clear/Seche Vite after running out of my Bourjois gel effect base coat. I am not convinced that Seche Clear is a good base coat; I think I might try another one for my next mani (I do have a wee stash of various treatment/base coats...). It seems to want to create bald spots if you go over the same place twice. Seche Vite is still a great top coat though but somehow not as shiny as my beloved Sally Hansen Megashine and it's also double the price!...

No comments: