Tuesday 7 May 2013

NOTD: Maybelline ColorShow Polka Dots "Rain Forest Canopy"


So I was perusing the local Boots looking for travel minis when on a whim I went to the makeup shelves (as one does). My eyes caught with the new polka dots top coats from Maybelline. I thought these weren't coming til June, but SURPRISE! I would have bought the pink one called "Speckled Pink" too but they only had this one and the black and white one, and since I have the L'Oreal Confetti top coat already I thought I'd pass on that one for now. I also bought the new Witch Anti-Blemish Beauty Balm, which I will review for you as soon as I've had it on for more than a week! Anyway back to the polish...

This is just 2 coats; I couldn't be bothered doing 3 coats as the polish was pissing me off being so 'flaky' and unwieldy. It was runny as hell but with big bits of hex glitter. Grrr. Gonna need a bit of picking off after my shower tomorrow... I tried tidying it up with acetone and a cotton bud but to no avail. But the colour is really nice and I just loooove these confetti type polishes, and at £2.99 I will forgive a lot. I will have to be more patient when I put it on next time...

No comments: