Sunday 30 September 2012

Pink October NOTD #1: OPI "A-rose at dawn, broke by noon"


I have decided to only wear pink nail polish in October, to raise awareness about breast cancer. According to Breakthrough Breast Cancer Care, every day, 130 UK women are diagnosed with breast cancer. That means more than 4,000 mums, daughters, sisters and friends will hear the dreadful news during Breast Cancer Awareness month of October alone. I feel strongly about raising awareness about checking your breasts. Cancer is unfortunately in my family and I have therefore been checking my breasts since I was in my early 20s. As most of us carry a smartphone nowadays, I have given a link below for a new app from Breakthrough Breast Cancer that helps you check your breasts.

OPI "A-rose at dawn, broke by noon" is one of my all time favourite pinks, albeit a bit brush-stroke-y! :) This is 2 coats with Megashine top coat. It has a lovely pink metallic glow that looks amazing in bright sunshine. I love the colour of this, but it looks a bit too peachy in my photo - I will try and get a daylight photo tomorrow for you!


TODAY's TIPS:
Early detection improves your chances - I encourage all my friends to get the ibreastcheck app for their phone and if you think something is wrong, go and see your doctor straight away! 

No comments: