Friday 7 October 2016

HIDDEN HEROES: Nivea Men Creme


Yes indeed, this post is about a men's grooming product. But not because of it's use on men, but on my hands!

It's no secret my hands, despite being primarily a nail blogger, are sorely neglected. Well, that's not true. They are hard-working, not neglected. Spending a lot of time outdoors, and doing things such as arts and crafts and cooking and cleaning, certainly takes it's toll on hands.

Until now I haven't found a cream that can actually hack my hand needs. So maybe I needed a men's grooming product because men's skin is just more neglected than women's so it's more potent??

Anyway, here is Nivea Men Creme. A classic moisturiser for 'the man'. Apparently you can use it on the hands, face or wherever you may need it. I find it's richer than your average cream, so can take a few minutes to sink in. It has a faint whiff of 'man-smell'; an unidentifiable cologne scent. This isn't unpleasant, far from it, and it's very subtle.

I would liken the effect of this to that of the original Nivea Creme minus the oily residue; the consistency is in between Nivea Creme and Nivea Soft. My hands are finally looking like they should. I try to put this on as often as I can, and I use it along with cuticle oil at night. This cream does contain some things I probably wouldn't use on my face, such as glycerin and liquid paraffin, but for hands, it's ideal!

For less than a fiver, and frequently on offer, this is one product you should try if you suffer dry hands! :)

No comments: