Wednesday 1 February 2012

NOTD: Max Factor Mini "Fantasy Fire"

This is what a lot of nail enthusiasts have been hoping is a 'Clarins 230' dupe, but when I look around online, I can see they are similar but not dupes?.. I unfortunately do not have a bottle of '230' to compare with myself.

I actually got this by chance in Superdrug today, and I will going back for another bottle! It is absolutely stunning. This photo is 4 coats (I should have layered) but it dried really quickly so doing multiple coats was easy. This is a poor photo of a crappy bunch... It looks lighter and more washed out in the photo. It is sheer to go on but the colour then glows and shifts in colour in the light! But my camera just can't cope with it in artificial light. I will try and get some shots in daylight.

This is certainly a strong contender for the "Polish of 2012"! But the rest of the year will tell :)


Lina-Elvira loves it this much:
♥ ♥ ♥

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got several bottles of it now. Haha. It's my new favourite. I love trying it with different base coats.

Emma said...

Try layering it over Barry M Indigo, it's a good match for the base colour. I love this way more than I thought I would :D It's sooo pretty, I'm deffo going back for more but my Superdrug and Boots have sold out for the last few weeks - arrghh! You have a much better photo than I ever achieved when I attempted :| xxx

Lina-Elvira said...

I must try over 'Indigo'! :) My plan to buy back-up is also scuppered as Boots/Superdrugs here also sold out!!