Friday 20 May 2016

REVIEW: L'Oreal Infallible Sexy Balm


I *love* a tinted lip balm. I have a lot of different ones, so of course, I needed to try this one when I saw it. I believe this is a new release, and I struggle to find any swatches or info on other blogs. I picked the colour "As if". It's a sheer coral pink. It didn't leave a stain.

First of all; the name. Really, L'Oreal? I see Superdrug is actually selling this as 'Sassy Balm' so I'm guessing the name will put off a lot of people.

Now onto the packaging. It is a nicely pointed bullet, which is actually really good to apply the balm with the way I apply balm, but may not be for everyone. The tube is a twist up with a translucent top to match the colour of the balm. Feels a bit cheap and almost feel the twist up feature might break soon-ish. The lid stayed on well though in my handbag.

Now for the balm itself. The initial smell is a bit weird, but doesn't last. The consistency of the balm is smooth and thick, and dare I say it, a bit sticky? The formula comes in sheer or opaque finish (my colour is sheer). L'Oreal claims it will keep lips smooth for 12hrs. It might, if you manage to keep it on for that long! Mostly it actually made my lips a bit dry and I've had some flaking which I don't normally get.

For £4.99 I guess I possibly expected too much? It is a tinted lip balm, after all. No matter. All and all I would give this 3 out of 5 stars, but I won't be repurchasing this simply because I can get better tinted lip balms from other brands like Barry M, Revlon and Maybelline.

No comments: