Sunday 20 September 2015

NOTD: Leighton Denny "Morning Dew"


So here is another magazine freebie! :) I love when you get decent freebies like this. This is from the October Harper's Bazaar magazine (UK edition). They had a variety of colours but this was the one that jumped out at me (it's green, so what you expect...). I wouldn't say that I am the magazine's target audience - it's jam-packed with overpriced designer goods which costs more that I probably earn in a year... But I'll take a freebie any day and pass the magazine to the local GP surgery :) As for the polish, I wasn't sure what to expect as my first foray into this brand ended in a bit of a disappointment.

After sitting down to paint my nails, I kinda thought 'hmmm, maybe it's a dupe for Misa "Dirty Sexy Money?". I am sad to say it's not even close. The Misa is much darker and, well, 'dirtier'. Had they not been so far apart colour-wise, I would have done a side by side comparison, but there really isn't a comparing these two so I decided I wouldn't bother.

This is a unique colour in my stash which is unusual. I am not even sure how to describe the colour? It is a light pastel green but leaning towards the cool, teal territory. Maybe? I can see why it was part of a spring collection, it's very fresh!

I did 2 generous coats here with a slick of Seche Vite. It dries fairly quickly and you need to work fast to avoid it going a bit stringy. I had to replace the cap in between doing my other hand as the formula stuck onto the brush a bit. But this is a lovely colour! :)

A normal full price Leighton Denny is around £11, the magazine was £4.99. Bargain! :)

No comments: