Thursday 18 December 2014

Benefit Brow Arch + Brow Tint

BEFORE Brow Arch + Brow Tint
AFTER Brow Arch + Brow Tint (medium brown)
So I went back to the Benefit Brow Bar for another go after the first visit went rather well. This time with my loyalty card I had a free brow tint... Turns out that's a fancy way of saying they will put semi-permanent hair colour on your brows. Since I'm rather gung-ho with trying new sh*t, I decided I would go for the freebie! Hey, what's the worst that can happen? Black caterpillars on my face for 4 weeks? Worth it in the interest of research :) The brow lady suggested a natural tint, and we went for 'medium brown'. Not having seen it in daylight, I still think it's quite a difference and probably too dark. Will have to see how it looks in daylight before I make a final judgement here.

But saying that, they look nicely shapen and glossy! I am definitely turning into a bit of an eyebrow geek... I did like the eyebrow gel I tried last time I went to the Benefit Brow Bar, Gimme Brow. I might invest in a product like that at some point. I seriously need to take a course in taking selfies though :(

Boosted by my flashy new eyebrows for Xmas, and the fact that The Man was out for his Xmas night out, I hit the late night shopping! I used some Boots vouchers and had a stroll around Superdrug.

I've been looking for a new foundation for winter as my 'Light Medium' Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream is waaay too dark in the winter but I didn't want to buy a lighter version of it as it's a whopping £28. I'd read good things about Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel foundation so thought I'd give it a go. I picked up '52 Vanilla'. Doing research I also saw more videos of the use of the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge so I picked up one of them as well to experiment with over Xmas. I also got a lighter version, 'Cool Medium', of my fave concealer from Collection (I swear it's the best concealer I've ever had!).

I needed a new in-shower shaver and these were half price in Boots - score :) In Superdrug, the Nip+Fab Fix range is half price right now as well so I picked up this cleansing cream on a whim, I'm going to try it tonight to see if it can remove today's makeup from my face!



Speaking of hauls, the other day I happened to find myself in TK Maxx and picked up some exfoliating, stretchy wash cloths, a konjac sponge with red French clay from the Konjac Sponge Company and a Ciate polish, all at very reasonable prices. I will review this as I use them during my holidays :)

No comments: